Friday, October 07, 2005



EDM Challenge - me old bike

In the 70's I had a cool bike it was a dark forest green and it was tres shiny.
It was one of those banana bikes, probably set my folks back a few bucks. I don't recall it ever really going too fast but it had neat handle bars and kind of a cool back bar, I forget the official name of the back of the seat bar. Somebody stole it off the front lawn when one of the neighbor kids took us all down boating on the Potomac River. I was so seasick when I got home, I didn't care. However, another soul got a really shiny bike that summer - for free.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

This is a charming drawing...very simple, direct and effective. BTW, we called it a "sissy bar" where I came from.

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Sunday Afternoons said...

Hee hee. Cute drawing. I had a bike just like that, but it was a sparkly blue. We used to call the handle bars "money bars".

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, I had one too, but it was metallic purple! Complete with monkey bars and the banana seat with the REALLY tall backrest -- I delivered newspapers and would hang the handles of my canvas paper bag over that backrest and ride, ride, ride ... Thanks for a drawing that brought back a fun memory! :-D

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

Very cool indeed. The drawing is so free, it mkes the bike look as if it could zoom off. I like the way you've drawn the tires.

Friday, October 07, 2005  
Blogger carla said...

Oh...that stinks! What happened, of course...not the stiry or tge drawing. I had a similar thing happend to my first yellow ten-speed that I named "sunshine" (I was a little hippe chick). Someone stole it right out of the garage:< Anyway, I love you little drawing of the bucycle...it looks like it's riding away by itself!

Saturday, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a banana bike, like now, for today. Maybe I should check out eBay... Great drawing, makes me nostalgic for carefree bike rides as a kid.

Sunday, October 09, 2005  
Blogger sam duffy said...

i love this

Friday, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home